Marketing has always been the biggest asset as well as liability for all businesses irrespective of geographies and markets. For any business, return that a high investment like traditional marketing brings is important and defines the thin red line for the marketing exercise as well as the business. It is no different for digital marketing but it has come as a boon for most businesses. With expertise in the digital form being rare and sought after, it has also contributed to enhancing technology careers, thus transforming the marketing workplace into a techno-marketing arena. Keeping all other factors constant, we will discuss the advantages of digital over traditional marketing. scheidingswanden
1. Price: Digital Marketing is inexpensive to practice compared to traditional marketing and is thus a highly preferred choice. As and when the business opts to use the internet as a sales channel, going digital would be the best choice. Manpower does come expensive, however, considering that a well paid worker is more efficient, it still works out to be cheaper considering the costs of the present traditional marketing niche.
2. Reach: The digital form has a global reach at a lower price as opposed to traditional marketing which targets a local reach at a much higher price. With this in mind, the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid… !) principle is more at play thus enabling easier and lighter creativity bringing in better results.
3. Analytics: Digital practice is highly measurable compared to the traditional marketing one since it is controlled and is highly measurable. Analytics is the basic measure for any marketing and compared to the traditional scene, digital offers more in this aspect. This enables fine tuning strategies faster and focusing easier.
4. Human-ware: Compared to traditional marketing, the digital form requires less manpower thus saving on costs. Although, digital manpower is expensive, the numbers are much lesser and the savings on the practice itself are tremendous.
5. Logistics: Logistic requirements for digital marketing are much lesser compared to traditional marketing. To add, you do not need to get around looking at bill boards to the agency and take a peek at what is being created. All you need is the right manpower, good internet connectivity and top-of-the-line computing equipment.
All in all, digital marketing is much more effective and efficient compared to traditional marketing and defines the future. With businesses moving on to the internet, digital marketing is taking the lead. If you are not already conversant with digital marketing or if you are looking forward to making a career in digital marketing, it is time you spoke to the master.